沒有名字的甜點店-尋找人氣甜點 – 1
Almond Cake – by Ray jeng
1 sponge cake (separate recipe)
1 recipe of custard filling (separate recipe)
1&1/4 cup sliced almond (break large pieces into smaller pieces for better vision & presentation)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 & 1/2 tbsp sugar
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Cut sponge cake horizontally to two pieces
2. Toast almonds in toaster oven at 425F for ~4 minutes, watch closely to avoid burning, when done take it out and cool completely.
3. Whip heavy cream and sugar together until stiff (I use Kitchen Aid speed 7 for ~9 minutes)
4. Apply all custard filling onto one piece of cake, spread evenly, lay the other piece on top
5. Apply whip cream around the side and top, spread smoothly.
6. Apply toasted almonds around the side and top.
7. Dust the top of cake with powdered sugar.