SAN JOSE (BCN)
A man who was hired to trim trees at a South San Jose home died when he was electrocuted late Wednesday morning, a California Division of Occupational Safety and Health spokesman said.
The incident occurred at about 11:45 a.m. at a home in the 2600 block of McLaughlin Avenue.
A preliminary investigation indicated that the worker was climbing on branches over an energized power line when a safety rope fell onto the active line around 11:45 a.m., Cal/OSHA spokesman Greg Siggins said.
The rope acted as a conduit, carrying the electrical current to the worker. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man was working for Lupe’s Tree Service and Landscaping, Siggins said.
Cal/OSHA is continuing to investigate the death, he said.
The Santa Clara County medical examiner’s office has not yet released the man’s name.
(Copyright 2013 Bay City News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)