July 4th is right around the corner and with any independence day celebration comes fireworks. But if not handled correctly, fireworks can be dangerous. especially with children. How can you protect your family from firework injuries?
Fireworks are part of the fun on Fourth of July, but they can also cause injuries, including burns, contusions, lacerations, and foreign objects in the eye. In some cases they can even be deadly. So be cautious when using these products.
- Never let little children play with fireworks.
- Always have an adult present when using fireworks in your backyard.
- The centers for disease control and prevention says avoid buying fireworks packaged in brown paper, which often means they were made for professional displays and could be dangerous for the average person
- Always watch fireworks displays from a safe distance.
- And have a cell phone ready in case you need to call 911.
All good tips for a safe and happy 4th.
(Copyright 2013 KTSF. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)