San Diego mother charged with strangling infant son

SAN DIEGO (AP) – Trial has begun in San Diego for a woman accused of strangling her infant son and leaving his body in an alley.

U-T San Diego reports (http://bit.ly/LJj6Yp) 35-year-old Zewoinesh Badasso has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to charges of murder and assault on a child, causing death.

Her 7-month-old son, David, died at a hospital after he was found on the ground in the Normal Heights area in September 2012.

During opening statements Monday, defense lawyer Amy McDonald told the jury that Badasso had been “devoted” to her son and was seeking help for anxiety and depression.

McDonald said Badasso had a “dissociative episode” at the time of the killing and recalled few details about what happened to the child.

(Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Share This
wx

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook

*