SJ man hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning

SAN JOSE (BCN)

One person was transported to a hospital while unconscious Thursday morning and some police officers were treated for carbon monoxide inhalation at a South San Jose apartment building, a fire captain said.

At 11:23 a.m. Thursday, San Jose police called the San Jose Fire Department about a hazardous materials incident in an apartment on Makati Circle near Cottle Road, fire Capt. Cleo Doss said.

Police officers had found a person inside the apartment suffering from inhaling carbon monoxide coming from briquettes burning in some kind of BBQ grill container, Doss said.

The victim, who was unconscious, was taken to a local hospital, Doss said.

Some police officers who were affected by the emissions were treated at the scene and released, Doss said.

The fire department cleared the hazardous air from the apartment by 12:30 p.m., Doss said.

(Copyright 2014 Bay City News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Share This

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook

*