SAN FRANCISCO (BCN)
More meatballs apparently left out to poison dogs were discovered Monday morning in San Francisco’s Sunset District, according to police.
A woman walking her dog at about 9 a.m. Monday found the meatballs on a plate near the corner of 24th Avenue and Ortega Street. The meatballs appeared to have pills lodged inside, according to police.
Police investigators responded and collected the meatballs, police said.
It was the first finding of poisoned meatballs since a dog ate a suspected poisoned meatball in the Twin Peaks neighborhood in February. That dog, a 9-year-old Chesapeake Bay retriever and border collie named Timber, was forced to throw up at the vet and wasn’t hurt.
But the meatballs have been causing dog owners anxiety since last summer when hundreds of them poisoned with strychnine were found distributed in the Diamond Heights and Twin Peaks neighborhoods and killed a dachshund named Oskar.
Despite a $5,000 reward, no suspects have been arrested. Anyone with information about the meatballs has been asked to call San Francisco police.
(Copyright 2014 Bay City News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.