Great Family November 2012
Here’re some parenting tips given by Dr. George Hsu:
- Asian parents need to keep an open mind and make an attempt to adapt to the American culture.
- Parents and Children should communicate like friends. Parents shouldn’t exert lots of “power” over their kids.
- Find some fun things to do with your kids, such as sports, singing or dancing.
- It’s important for parents to understand their children, so spend some time finding out about your children’s interests.
- Sometimes parents have to put themselves in their children’s shoes to understand how they think.
Great Family is a multi-media initiative which highlights family related health and social issues affecting the Asian-American community. Each month, a Great Family tip is delivered via 30-second broadcast vignettes featuring experts in the fields of medicine, nutrition, education, business, etc. The complete, long form version of each expert interview is made available for streaming on greatfamily.ktsf.com and is broadcast on the last Sunday of each month at 10:30pm on KTSF-TV.