Great Family November 2012
Here’re some parenting tips given by Dr. George Hsu:
- Asian parents need to keep an open mind and make an attempt to adapt to the American culture.
- Parents and Children should communicate like friends. Parents shouldn’t exert lots of “power” over their kids.
- Find some fun things to do with your kids, such as sports, singing or dancing.
- It’s important for parents to understand their children, so spend some time finding out about your children’s interests.
- Sometimes parents have to put themselves in their children’s shoes to understand how they think.