Great Family November 2012
Here’re some parenting tips given by Dr. George Hsu:
- Asian parents need to keep an open mind and make an attempt to adapt to the American culture.
- Parents and Children should communicate like friends. Parents shouldn’t exert lots of “power” over their kids.
- Find some fun things to do with your kids, such as sports, singing or dancing.
- It’s important for parents to understand their children, so spend some time finding out about your children’s interests.
- Sometimes parents have to put themselves in their children’s shoes to understand how they think.
Are you a parent that’s immigrated to the U.S. from Asia and you’re raising a child? Perhaps you’re struggling to have conversations with your children, or their behavior is causing problems in your family. You’re not alone.
KTSF proudly presents, “Great family;” a special on-line series featuring parenting tips for Asian immigrant parents raising a child in the U.S.
Over the next 12 months, we will interview counselors, therapists, nutritionists, and Asian celebrity parents covering topics such as:
- How to better communicate with your children
- Childhood obesity
- Preparing for college
- Health issues
- Learning Disabilities
- Financial planning