Great Family January 2013
Here are some Great Family tips given by Joyce Cheung:
- Communication is very important in all relationships.
- If you know that you and your loved ones are going to argue at some point, try to choose an alternate means of communication.
- Letter writing can be a very effective method of communication. When you get angry with your parents, and you’ve already tried to talk it out, try writing a letter to them.
- Never give up on your dreams! No matter what you do, there will always be someone criticizing you. But don’t believe the things that are worth owning will not be easy to get. Take it as a challenge.
- Being slim is not the way to represent beauty; and fat does not represent ugliness. Beauty is personified by attitude and confidence, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself to be perfectly slim.
- If you are going to do something to lose weight, do it in a healthy way. Don’t choose an extreme way to lose weight because the results will not last long.
Are you a parent that’s immigrated to the U.S. from Asia and you’re raising a child? Perhaps you’re struggling to have conversations with your children, or their behavior is causing problems in your family. You’re not alone.
KTSF proudly presents, “Great family;” a special on-line series featuring parenting tips for Asian immigrant parents raising a child in the U.S.
Over the next 12 months, we will interview counselors, therapists, nutritionists, and Asian celebrity parents covering topics such as:
- How to better communicate with your children
- Childhood obesity
- Preparing for college
- Health issues
- Learning Disabilities
- Financial planning