Great Family January 2013
Here are some Great Family tips given by Joyce Cheung:
- Communication is very important in all relationships.
- If you know that you and your loved ones are going to argue at some point, try to choose an alternate means of communication.
- Letter writing can be a very effective method of communication. When you get angry with your parents, and you’ve already tried to talk it out, try writing a letter to them.
- Never give up on your dreams! No matter what you do, there will always be someone criticizing you. But don’t believe the things that are worth owning will not be easy to get. Take it as a challenge.
- Being slim is not the way to represent beauty; and fat does not represent ugliness. Beauty is personified by attitude and confidence, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself to be perfectly slim.
- If you are going to do something to lose weight, do it in a healthy way. Don’t choose an extreme way to lose weight because the results will not last long.
Great Family is a multi-media initiative which highlights family related health and social issues affecting the Asian-American community. Each month, a Great Family tip is delivered via 30-second broadcast vignettes featuring experts in the fields of medicine, nutrition, education, business, etc. The complete, long form version of each expert interview is made available for streaming on greatfamily.ktsf.com and is broadcast on the last Sunday of each month at 10:30pm on KTSF-TV.