KTSF is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status (including Vietnam Era veteran status), martial status, medical condition, sexual orientation as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Notice to all organizations in the Bay Area: If you are interested in becoming a part of our mailing list for job availability updates, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KTSF participates in a variety of local Bay Area college and vendor-sponsored job fairs. Please check this site for updates or email email@example.com for more information.
KTSF, the nation’s pre-eminent Asian broadcast television station, seeks a General Manager to guide its evolution in the digital broadcast era. As General Manager of a small privately held station, the successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a wide variety of spheres. This will include interactions with ownership, ad agencies, research companies and cable/DBS operators as well as direct management of the station staff. The candidate should possess a solid understanding of traditional revenue sources, yet also be fluent in the new opportunities presented in the evolving digital world. The General Manager will demonstrate and promote a high moral and ethical character, and must possess superior motivational and leadership skills.
• P&L experience in a broadcast environment
• A proven record of success with monetization both front and back office
• A demonstrated ability to plan and execute within budgetary guidelines
• Commitment to new business development with pointed and aggressive sales techniques
• Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with our sales management department and clients
• Protect the station’s license through strict adherence to FCC rules and regulations
• Manage the physical, human and financial assets of the station
• Achieve budgeted financial goals – grow the station’s revenue share
• Help increase the station’s viewing audience by serving the interests of the community
• Train, manage, and motivate all station personnel
• Manage employee station relations
• 5-10 years’ experience in a similar or other senior television management role in a TV station
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Full knowledge of FCC broadcast station regulations
• The ability to manage a staff that speaks both Chinese and English. Chinese language ability is not required but welcomed
• A successful track record of taking sales levels to new heights
• Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background
• Sensitivity to varied cultures
• Experience working in a news department a plus
• College degree or equivalent experience
To apply: Your cover letter should include: salary history and your reason for seeking this important position. Submit cover letter and resume to KTSF Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the words “General Manager” in the subject line, followed by a space and your name. Position is a full time 40 hours per week with a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K, vacation, sick leave, LTD, STD, and Life insurance. No Calls. EOE.
Full-time Television News Writer/Reporter for live Cantonese Mon-Fri newscast; Must speak/write Cantonese and English fluently. Previous journalism experience required. Position is full time 40 hours per week with benefits including sick leave, vacation, holiday pay and health insurance.
Television News Producer for live, M-F evening Mandarin language newscasts. Must speak/write Chinese and English fluently and be available late afternoons & evenings. Position is full time 40 hours per week with benefits including sick leave, vacation, holiday pay and health insurance.
On-call, Television News Writer for live Mandarin or Cantonese language newscasts, weekdays. Must speak/write Chinese and English fluently. Previous writing experience required.
To apply: please submit your cover letter and resume to KTSF Human Resources, 100 Valley Drive, Brisbane ,CA 94005; Fax 415-467-7559 or email: email@example.com. No Calls. EOE.