Monica Chiffon Cake
1. Prepare 1 large baking pan 12″x18″ (I bought from Michael’s Craft Store) each about $18.
2. Ingredients: 15 eggs
1 t. cream of tartar
1 t. salt
3 1/2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
3 t. baking powder
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk (or soy bean milk)
3 t. vanilla
3. Method: Prepare 2 bowls (A & B)
1) Preheat oven 325
2) Separate egg yolks and whites.
(A) bowl: Whisk 15 egg whites with 1 t. cream tartar in an electric mixer ( I usually use KitchenAid ) whisk until creammy and fluffy. Slowly add 2 cups sugar, mix till thick.
(3) Sift flour with 3 t. baking powder.
(4) (B) bowl: Add yolks, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 t. salt and mix until color changes to white.
Add 1 cup milk,1 cup oil and 3 t. vanilla. Mix well and then add the sifted flour and baking powder
(3) stir well. MIX BOWL A AND BOWL B
(5) Line the bottom of the pan with baking paper, then pour the batter in cake pan, bake for 46 minutes (open oven door each 15 minutes)(6) Use a toothpick to check for doneness, then take out of oven, let cool and turn them out on a wire rack to cool some more.